Welcome to the newly re-vamped website for theBigRocks!
My son Joe and I have been working over the past few weeks to design and test the new site and then bring all of the original content forward.
Our new WordPress theme is called “Newscast”. It’s a bit more visual and easier to navigate than the original “2010” theme.
Changes (Of Course): The home page no longer contains entire posts. Each post has its own page. There’s also an “accordion slider” with picture links to the past 5-6 articles. Finally, we’ve put short previews of the past 10-12 posts on the front page to help readers catch up more quickly.
In addition to the new layout, you’ll see a few more changes going forward:
– Shorter Articles: I’ll keep most posts brief so you can get what you need quickly.
– In-Depth Articles: Some bigger change-related topics and “how-to’s” will still require longer posts.
– Quick Insights: I’ll share simple change-related quotes and advice in regular short posts.
– Guest Writers: We’ve started lining up articles from other voices in the world of Change to contribute content to theBigRocks.
– News and Notes: Finally, I’m introducing a new weekly feature where I’ll collect and share interesting tidbits that I’ve bumped into on the web over the past week. Some of the stories will be about Change and some of them will be about my hobbies and interests (photography, technology, food, politics, sports, etc.).
That being said, tomorrow’s post will be my first collection of links.
Thanks for your patience as we completed this upgrade and thanks for returning to the site! Feel free to use the comment feature below to give us your feedback on the site and offer any suggestions for material or features you’d like to see on theBigRocks.com.